Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chinglish

I couldn't resist posting this video. We often run across what is affectionately known as Chinglish, where a well meaning Chinese speaker tries to make an English sign (with the best of intentions and better English than my Chinese) and it turns out hilarious. I have often thought I could make a killing as a person whose service is to properly translate these signs.

Well today, I came across this video. It's a promo video of a set of islands called Penghu, where we are thinking of going this summer. This interesting thing is that the Chinglish is clearly spoken by a white guy, who obviously was just doing what he was paid to do. Enjoy the beautiful scenery but listen carefully to the soundtrack.

Check it Out here.

2 comments:

  1. The sumptuous, scintillating explication of Penghu is ineffably sublime. If you've got a good white guy narrative voice and paid well, who cares what the script says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you beat me to ineffably sublime! ...but really I think a well paid Yoda it was...

    ReplyDelete